Silk Road Organization is looking for "Partnership Manager"
• Location : #Gaziantep
• Deadline : 18.11.2022
The main purpose:
The Partnership Manager will be responsible for delivering on the Organizational strategy, working to develop a strategic framework and systems to strengthen our partnerships with government, civil society. The Partnership Manager will be responsible for undertaking activities with regard to professional engagements of Silk Road with other partners and NGOs. The Partnership Manager will play a lead role in strengthening SRO approaches to partnership. The Partnership Manager will map and identify new partnership opportunities, assess the reality in the humanitarian field, facilitate relevant capacity strengthening support, and provide ongoing support to the other organizational teams throughout the program implementation. S/he will work with the Consortium Managers and the Operations team to ensure that partnership agreements are in place and donor’s requirements complied with the organization procedures.
- Good skills and experience in all aspects of program cycle management - design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in organizational capacity development, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Proven experience in field level representation with key stakeholders and coordination with other NGOs/UN.
- Demonstrable experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good record of accomplishment of report writing.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Sound understanding of remote management/monitoring practices.
- Proven commitment to participatory approaches.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- An excellent team player with good skills in teamwork and consultative approach to decision making.
- Ability to speak and write in French and other language(s) is highly desirable.
- Experience of working in Syrian context.
- ECHO, EU, USAID, and DFID program management experience.
- National level representation with key stakeholders and coordination with other NGOs/UN Agencies.
High graduate or Master degree in International relations, Social Sciences, project management and development relevant field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the Silk Road in Partnership Strategy.
- Participate in any Partnership Working Groups that will support the development and operationalization of the partnership strategy.
- Stay abreast of current trends in partnerships and share learning with Senior Management Team and others, as well as linking with the Focal Persons.
- Actively engage in global partnership communities of practice and link into the Partnership Working Group.
- Develop, and/or coordinate with other departments in the management and monitoring systems in regards to organizational programming.
- Work with the legal teams, to ensure that partnership tools and financial standards meet donor requirements and lobby for adaptation and flexibility as needed.
- Keep track of relevant technical, operational, finance, HR or grants issues and where necessary facilitate support from relevant Silk Road’s technical or operations teams to ensure continuous support and involvement at all stage of the program cycle.
- Facilitate the provision of technical advice by the Silk Road technical departments and ensure that the technical staff checks the quality of the work on site.
- Work with finance teams, to ensure the timely payment instalments.
- In collaboration with donors, plan and facilitate regular partnership meetings, ensuring that discussions are as constructive, relevant, and mutually beneficial as possible; Follow up to ensure that mutually-agreed-upon actions are met.
- Work across departments to identify and address partnership-related action points, and to introduce new ways of working to make partnerships more effective.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Coordinate with the MEAL team to ensure the development and implementation of appropriate M&E and program management tools and systems.
- Develop a system for accountability towards donors where Silk Road regularly seeks feedback from donors on its strategies and plans.
- Secure mutual learning with donors in terms of program delivery and partnership building.
- Analyse results of on-going partnerships, remote management and results on the ground to produce lessons learnt and inform strategic decision-making.
Competencies and values:
- Maintains a broad strategic perspective at the same time as an awareness of the detail of a situation.
- Establishes clear and compelling objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance.
- Creates and applies measures and metrics to track performance.
- Holds others accountable for achieving results and challenges underperformance.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions.
- Knows when to involve others in a decision.
- Analyses and exercises judgment in challenging situations in the absence of specific guidance or knowledge of the full facts.
- Evaluates the opportunities and risks of each idea and solution to make informed strategic decisions.
Working effectively with others:
- Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with.
- Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities.
- Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups.
- Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact.
- Builds trust with contacts through openness and honesty.
- Participates effectively in sensitive, complex and/or high impact relationships and networks.
- Builds strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position at the email Hr@silkroadsy.org including the subject: Partnership Manager