Silk Road Organization is looking for Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
• Location : #Gaziantep
• Deadline : 11.11.2022
The main purpose:
The CEO will set strategy and vision, lead the senior team of Silk Road, and allocate capital appropriately. This position have to work closely with the Silk Road Board of Directors to develop strategies to grow fundraising. The CEO will set important goals for the organization and work systematically to meet them. s/he will make it a priority to define SRO's priorities and direction. The CEO will assess and evaluate strategies, decide how the organization will differentiate itself from other organizations in the region. The CEO will play a formative role in building the culture of SRO around community service, accountability and results so that the very best in the field find SRO to be a solid professional home with ample opportunities for advancement and professional growth. The CEO will invest heavily in the training, mentoring and capacity building at SRO. The CEO will actively promote SRO to build its financial reserves and goodwill. S/he will secure resources, budget, allocate resources appropriately, and hold him/herself accountable for the financial health of the organization.
- Flexibility: Willingness to adapt, be versatile and tolerant in changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ethical Behaviour: Understand and demonstrate ethical behaviour and business practices, and sure that own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the code of conduct and values of the organization.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Master's Degree in Non-profit Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or its equivalent.
- 5-10 years successful senior leadership experience at a social impact organization.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Project management, monitoring and reporting.
- Financial management.
- Email, internet and social media.
- Communications, desktop publishing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands context and has a clear long-term view.
- Lead the mission and vision of the organization, along with the Board, to ensure high quality services of SRO with all stakeholders.
- Implement strategic plans, based on data-driven analytics, projections and financial data.
- Navigates ambiguity and is relentlessly solutions driven.
- Use strong analytical and innovative thinking to develop a clear business strategy to achieve goals.
- Ensure alignment with Silk Road strategic direction.
- Provide a clear vision, purpose for the organization.
- Operate as a positive role model for the culture of the organization; principled and acts with integrity.
- Understands the organization dynamics; builds strong informal networks.
- Develop a high performing collaborative team.
- Ensure positive contribution, by working broadly with stakeholders to promote the values of the SRO.
- Provide the Board of Directors with trusted feedback and advice.
- Resourceful willing to take measured risks.
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the SRO programs expansion into new markets.
- Establishing relationships with the donors, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Ensure there is a clear communication strategy which maximizes opportunities for advocacy, fundraising and builds Silk Road’s brand reputation.
- Cultivate excellent relationships with local media; provide oversight for SRO's presence in the social media;
- Reach out to the community to present SRO, its vision and services through public presentations and by attending relevant events, conferences and gatherings.
- Manage SRO's budget and ensure that it is a financially viable, sustainable organization with the resources to meet the projected program growth.
- Ensure that SRO is in compliance with relevant state and national laws, regulations and with standard accounting procedures.
- Oversee preparation of annual budget, including program-funding allocations, in time for Donor
- Ensure that operating results established in the budget are achieved and maintain control of operating expenses within
- Strong financial leadership
- Ensure financial goals are achieved
- Develop high performing fundraising strategies, which are cost effectively.
- Acknowledge donations in a timely way and create methods of recognition and engagement for significant/consistent donors.
- Maintain a contingency reserve fund of at least 6 months’ operating expenses to protect against funding fluctuations or declines.
- Occasional domestic or international travel for fundraising or meetings with organisational partners.
- Ensure fundraising goals are achieved.
- Collaboration with Stakeholders.
- Identify and implement cost-effective ways to deliver the most efficient programs to all the stakeholders.
- Ensure Programs are well planned.
- Ensure Programs are implemented and managed effectively.
- Provides organizational leadership and vision in developing the strategy and plans necessary to realize objectives
- Leads the development of strategic relationships with the non-profit and private sectors, communities.
- Build a high-performing senior leadership team and play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing a best-in-class staff.
- Act as the CEO for the organisation ensuring key messages for the goals of Silk Road are heard.
- Develop and maintain a strong positive brand reputation for Silk Road
- Ensure Silk Road’s profile is enhanced through media appearances, and top-level engagement with Government, business, the general public and other NGOs
- Form positive collaborative relationships with member branches and volunteers.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position at the email Hr@silkroadsy.org.